With skincare being the second-largest sector of the beauty industry, it is no wonder that women and men across the world indulge in this quintessential treatment as part of their regular skincare routine.
For those who have never experienced a facial and are unsure of the different types or even the purpose of facial treatments, we, at The Greenwich Spa, have created this succinct guide that answers all the questions you’ve been asking!
What are Facials?
As the name implies, facials are beauty treatments for your face, which give you cleaner, more radiant skin and can also target specific skin concerns. There are numerous facial styles available, using an array of different techniques, products and equipment, meaning that you can find the perfect facial for your needs; whether you’re in search of facials for acne, facials for wrinkles, or simply want your skin to feel fresh and healthy!
Are Facials Worth It?
If you’re after a moment of relaxing ‘me time’ or are searching for a specific facial for rosacea, large pores or acne, for example, choosing the right type of facial for your wants and needs will make all the difference as to whether you find the experience and results worth it.
What are the Benefits of Facials?
Upon choosing the exact treatment that suits your needs, a quality, professional facial will have a multitude of benefits for your skincare health and your mental health alike. Here are just a few benefits of getting a facial:
- Cleanse and detoxify your skin – our skin is exposed to more pollutants in the air than most people realise, which causes an accumulation of dirt in our pores that can cause breakouts and a dull appearance. Facials open up your pores, allowing a deep, gentle cleanse that will remove toxins such as dirt, oil and bacteria.
- Reduce physical and psychological stress – as the part of your body that controls expression, the 42 muscles in your face will undergo a lot of exercise and strain on a daily basis. Through the massage element of a facial, the sympathetic nerve system is activated, which will, in turn, reduce your stress and anxiety.
- Improve blood circulation – during a facial, several pressure points in the face are stimulated, thus increasing blood flow which helps to produce collagen and elastin, making the skin appear brighter and firmer.
- Remove blackheads and whiteheads – when pores get clogged with dead skin cells or bacteria, blackheads and whiteheads will develop. While it is tempting to remove them yourself, professional aestheticians can extract them much more easily – without damaging your skin – as part of the facial treatment.
- Reduce dark circles and eye bags – a gentle massage around the gentle skin under your eyes will help to improve circulation and reduce puffy, dark circles. During the treatment, specific creams may be used to care for the skin around your eyes so as to protect and rejuvenate this sensitive area.
How Often Should I Have A Professional Facial?
Having experienced the instantly visible results from a facial, most clients will want to book their next appointment before they get snapped up! But how often should you get a professional facial? Unfortunately, there is no specific answer, as several factors are at play that vary from person-to-person.
Those who don’t stick to a home skin routine may want facials more regularly, so as to look and feel fresh without the hassle and time needed for at-home treatments. Similarly, if you have specific skin condition that may be improved by facials, you may also need more frequent treatments; but speak to your doctor or dermatologist before you book.
The best way to find out how often you may need a facial treatment is by speaking with one of our expert aestheticians who can advise you on the best options for your skin type and lifestyle. Simply contact us for advice.
What are the Different Types of Facial Treatments?
HydraFacial with LED Light Therapy
HydraFacials are a much gentler, form of a microdermabrasion facial. During the HydraFacial, toxins will be extracted and the skin will be hydrated using moisturising serums.
Afterwards, LED light therapy is applied, which:
- makes skin look firmer and younger by stimulating elastin and collagen cell growth;
- treats skin conditions, such as excessive oiliness, rosacea, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation;
- treats blemishes and clogged pores for a healthy glow.
Thanks to its non-invasive nature, there is zero downtime following the procedure, since your face isn’t left red or irritated as with other treatments. So, if you’re looking for a gentle facial with extractions that will improve your skin texture, health and appearance, the HydraFacial with LED Light Therapy might be the one for you!
Dermalogica ProSkin 60
Want the best skin of your life? The Dermalogica ProSkin 60 is a comprehensive facial treatment that targets your every skin concern – from dry skin to blackheads – and helps you achieve beautifully radiant skin. Each treatment is customised to your needs, using advanced products, techniques and technologies amidst a calming atmosphere designed for relaxation.
Dermalogica ProSkin 30
Are you in need of a facial treatment but simply can’t find the time? The Dermalogica ProSkin 30 is a bespoke, high-impact treatment that is designed to fit around a busy lifestyle. By combining professional exfoliation and serum treatment with result-intensifying technologies, this treatment delivers instantly visible results. For brighter and healthier skin in just 30 minutes, The Dermalogica ProSkin 30 is a sensationally worthwhile choice.
Dermalogica – MediBac Clearing™ Deep Cleansing 80
Do you suffer from lots of blackheads and whiteheads? Or perhaps dull skin with a bumpy texture? The Dermalogica – MediBac Clearing™ Deep Cleansing 80 may just be the answer to your prayers! Specifically designed for acne and oily or congested skin, this treatment involves Face Mapping®, followed by a deep cleanse, tone, steam and extraction, facial massage, mask and moisturising treatment, using Dermalogica products tailored to your skin’s needs.
For the best facials in London, with expert aestheticians on hand to discuss which of our effective treatments are best for you, choose The Greenwich Spa and experience a soothing spa facial treatment that is worth more than every penny.